4.12.2011

Making of a Window Display: Annieglass

My inspiration always starts at different places. In preparation for Table Matter's Annieglass Signing Event, I started at Hancock's Fabrics. I wanted to run with the planned theme of the event -Protect our Seafood.


I knew I was going to use Seafood Watch pieces from her sea-inspired collection, but I needed a backdrop to create the movement of the sea. For our windows we usually use 2 or 3 panels depending on how much of the space we want to cover. The panels must be measured precisely, so they all hang even.



This is fun pattern I chose. Enough pattern to show up, yet large enough scale to be seen.



 Then I proceeded to hang up party balls and aqua netting to add a little something fun to it. As well as add depth in the top of the window.


I next chose a placesetting to work around - pulling colors out from the back ground and tying them all together. I chose textured pewter colored placemats, a Jan Barboglio nickel hammered nickel charger, a brown Craven dinner, with platinum Annieglass as the salad. For the stemware suite, I used a combination of different colors and style - the goblet is a recycled glass, the double old fashioned has a smoky opulescent hammered look and the fun bubbly hollow champagne flute. I then chose a white basic Matteo napkin to couple with a fun brown and ivory sea inspired napkin ring.



Next I chose various different serving pieces to compliment the dinner settings. I primarily used serving pieces in the Aquamarine and the Seafood Watch collection.Then add in a few faux coral fingers in white and black and there you have the sea as translated with Annieglass dinnerware.



And the final result! Come and Meet Ann on Friday, April 15 (And come see my window)!

No comments:

Post a Comment