4.08.2011

Fabulous Finds Fridays - Reusable Plastic Flatware

I know it seems like I'm really into "plastique" lately, but I think its just this time of year with all the outdoor entertaining that comes along with spring and summer. In the past 5 years, plastic has been constantly reinventing itself - new forms, shapes, colors with all of the innovations of plastic injection molding (how it's made). This week I spotted this re-usable plastic flatware at Tuesday morning. It was $9.99 for a 12 piece set (4 Place Settings). Normal price is $20-25. Would be great to dress a little outdoor entertaining up without having to bring your everyday stainless outside.


They also had a fun Bamboo pattern, As you can see below in my terrible Blackberry photo. If I had to choose, I'd go for the Bamboo! What a great price for entertaining en masse. And its top-rack dishwasher safe!


So you may be asking yourself, are there any guidelines that go along with using and decorating with plastic? Definitely! Less is More!

2 comments:

  1. I sent my mom to get the bamboo for me !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out www.youtensil.com. It's a neat little resuable silverware kit that folds up into a little case, so you don't get the salad dressing all over your pocket after you use it. Haven't seen them in stores yet, but bought a few from the web-site - $3.99.

    Comment from Mike in PA (sorry - old guy who doesn't know from URL's, Live Journal, AIM's, etc.)

    ReplyDelete