4.04.2011

1st Stop in D.C. - Marston Luce Antiques



We took the train up from Richmond to D.C. for a day trip. 
And believe it or not it was my husband's first train ride!!! Cheers! 


Our first stop after deboarding the train at Union Station was to my uncle's antique store to pick up a key to his house, where we were staying. Upon entry, we were greeted by his Jack Russell, Dink.{Side note: Dink is an Irish bred Jack Russell - which translates to very calm and loveable.} And we were very surprised and excited to learn that my uncle was still in town and had yet to depart for his home in the southwest of France.


Marston was still in town because a shipment had landed at port before he left and he had to stay to price and merchandise all of the new pieces.  I will share with you a few of my favorite pieces from the new shipment.


I need a new dining table! This would be perfect...if only I could afford the price tag! 
Beautiful green wash - don't think the picture does it justice!


I love antique linens!


Love this white lamp, especially on this refined French pine piece.


And this Swedish armoire my husband and I both fell in love with.  


He had multiples of this vase. It was simple and had a grey-tint with an emblem stamped on the neck. It was one piece that I seriously contemplated. At only $150, it was one of the only pieces in my price range.

If you're in DC, be sure to find this shop in Georgetown. 
There is also a web site, but items are often sold before making it to the site
Make it a destination, I can assure you that you'll leave inspired and with a small wish list.


No comments:

Post a Comment