2.17.2011

What Makes You Happy?

Every morning I see this giclee print that we bought on our most recent trip to the Keys in November and it makes me happy. Its tranquil, beautiful and relaxing.

We purchased it at the Rain Barrel Artists' Village. Its near Islamorada and at first glance this might be somewhere where I would NOT stop hence I made my husband take a hard right to whip into the gravel parking lot graced with yard art, wind socks, etc. Had I not recognized the name from my friend's email, we would've keep on crusin' in our rental red mustang convertible.

Just walk through the first section and don't even look = lots of shells for sale and airbrush art. In the back are a few individual galleries (and some really neat pottery) and this is where I happened upon John David Hawver's work. I felt in love instantly and knew it was meant to be since I didn't purchase anything on our honeymoon in Key West - after dragging Rogers to every gallery there.

The giclee that I purchased is called "Reflective Morning". I love the light in it and the feeling of peace it gives me when I see it every morning. For more on the John David Hawver go here: http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/o/bottomups/index.htm

So What Sight Makes You Happy?

1 comment: