2.22.2011

Becoming the MRS...

My husband and I married in May of 2010. And after 20-some-odd years of being Harriet Luce, I must convert my entire life's business and social worlds to my new name -- Alley. How much fun?!!

Of course the first and easiest to change was my email and following that my signature on my work email. Not to continue to bore you with the details - but next there was social security, driver's license, bank, credit cards, insurance, etc! And everyone wanted the information in a different format and had different requirements (and many got my name wrong at first - Harriet Herndon Alley- yes, they really dropped my maiden last name and just added my new one.- even a bank that my family owns got it wrong and my high school!)

{On a side note: there is a website called Miss Now Mrs that will change your name and I had considered it for only $29.95. Maybe I should have gone that route!!}

So now for the fun part of it, stationary and casual calling cards. After searching online and not really finding what my little heart was desiring - I went to etsy of course and found many designs that I had a hard time deciding between!!

First off, calling cards with just my name for birthday gifts and baby showers and informal gifts. Found these precious cards from siskastudio. I loved the botanical inspiration of course and the fun colors AND the paper was a beautifully, textured heavy stock. Just used my first one, last weekend for a birthday happy! These also came packaged in a little box with a ribbon around it - cute little gift - especially for a newly wed!



Next was some stationary for the both of us to use. I didn't want a monogrammed design, since I wanted us to both be able to use it. I found this chic and simple (read: not overly girly) design from DotsAndDahlias.


 



And finally, some fun stickers with both of our names for gifts, baked goods, etc....Still anxiously checking the mailbox everyday for these, but here is the proof. I chose option A.




What do you think of my choices? Where is your favorite local paper spot? What about online?

1 comment:

  1. so cute! By the way, UMS dropped my maiden name, too, so I get mail addressed to Michelle Beth Touchton. So strange!

    ReplyDelete