2.16.2011

Not Red or Pink?!

A very cheery Valentine's Day it was as my husband and I celebrated our first holiday as a married couple! We did not do the traditional - red roses or even pink for that matter.  Although I insist that he not buy flowers on Valentine's - since the prices are inflated the MOST that week because of the high demand (the inner florist in me speaking). So I tell him that he really shouldn't and that I'd rather have some randomly another time.

I arrive home and have a dozen yellow and a dozen white tulips on my kitchen island in a vase. (A.He has learned over the years that I would rather him not buy a new vase, so he picked one out of my shed full of containers. B. He has learned to not get them at the florist anymore...since I would rather arrange them and disperse them around the housemyself.Smart Man!) How convenient that the wholesale florist is out his back door from work?!


So I took the yellow ones and put them in an ironstone pitcher that was a wedding gift (and actually was given to me with flowers gracing it!)


And a few of the white ones in my favorite Simon Pearce vase next to our wedding picture in our bedroom.


For Rogers I got some bookplates. As a child growing up as a son of a librarian, he loved having book plates for his favorite books. And still being an AVID reader - it seemed appropriate. I was able to locate this couple in Austria that still made them with the gummed backs (like an old stamp).  Here is a link to their etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/people/Exlibrisstudio .

For dinner, I went with my inner cajun and made grillades and grits! And for dessert - dreamcakes wedding cupcakes!!! Happy Valentine's to All and especially to my husband Rogers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment