2.01.2011

Rehabbing an Old Piece of Furniture

We've just redone our kitchen floors, so of course as we started to move the furniture back in - and my wheels started turning. I thought... I can rearrange and revitalize my look. The island's position is pretty standard, so that will stay. Then the rest I didn't put back in. I've been thinking about a new piece under the window. A really more functional, utilitarian piece. Before there was a demilune that didn't really hold much - no drawers and limited top space. Just so happened that I went to visit my parents in Mobile during the middle of my moving back in. I found a great table with two drawers that was my grandparents. I love antiques! This piece just needs a little bit of a rehab. The top on the left side has some curious white marks - and they aren't rings?




Stay tuned to see how my refinishing went.

No comments:

Post a Comment