9.15.2011

Curb Appeal - Front Door Love





So I've been wanting to fix/change my front door and shutter color for a while now. My door really need to be taken down and totally stripped. At one point a few years ago, I thought I could do it by myself. After a few bottles of chemical stripper, I found myself with only one week before a friend's baby shower(and burns on my arms)...I gave up and just had a random handyman re-paint it the same color. Here she is most recently (we had some friends over to celebrate their engagement!)











So Here is phase one, striped down and primed( by a professional - Mike Barton). And you can see the new color, Benjamin Moore's Caldwell Green, on the shutters. I'm also going to change out the door hardware, house numbers and get a door knocker ( I never put one back up after the 1st painting expedition.) And I always had a wreath of some sort on the door since my door was SO UGLY!!! (see above picture!)

And here it is!! All done..well almost. I'm loving the new look - lighter and brighter! Still need to put the house numbers up and new knocker from Sam's Welding. And I'm going to grow creeping fig on the rise of my concrete stairs. We're working on these projects this weekend!






Here is the knocker..it arrived Friday from Washington State. The knocker is hand forged; it is a twisted railroad spike (which Rogers and John Paul should like) which has it's own unique sound when struck against the back plate.











And the finished product........we're loving the change!! Can't wait for the creeping fig to get growing and creeping up my stairs so I can manicure it. Picture to come in a few months!

1 comment: