7.08.2011

Fabulous Finds Fridays...Oyster Art!

This past week I have been vacationing with my family in Grayton Beach, Fla. Most mornings, I've been taking long walks and on the way home stopping in some shops to look around. In this shopping development, I found a cute little art studio (not much of anything else in the shopping center). It's right off 283 before you get to 30-A...I think its called the Shops of Grayton Beach.



So in The Studio, I found these eclectic mixed media oyster paintings. I love them. And they were only $45. These were 6 x 6.


They are made by an artist, Jennifer Allen - and she is actually from South Mobile County. What's the chance that I love something by a Mobile artist. These were done on old tin ceiling tiles, but on her website she also has them on salvaged wood and on shutters! For my Mobile readers, her website indicates that you can buy her work at Ashland Gallery.


Right now, I don't have a beach house...but maybe one day. I thought how cute would it be to put a grouping of these in a bar area to create an "Oyster Bar." And if oysters aren't your thing, don't worry she has crabs, fish and crawfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment