7.05.2011

The Alley's Alley Garden

So, apparently I'm back into gardening. I've created another new bed at the back of our house, where there is a sidewalk leading to our english ampitheatre patio. My neighbor artfully coined my new bed - The Alley's Alley. (I guess it is an alley of sorts.)



We started with foundation plantings of Kleim's Hardy Gardenia's - I wanted something evergreen, but also I wanted some flowers to see, smell and pick. (Klein's Hardy has a rounded form, growing to 4 feet. The flowers are single, ivory and very fragrant. The foliage is lustrous green. It also has good cold hardiness.)




Then I came back with some purple coneflower and russian sage And I found this great zinc piece in my shed during a spring cleaning exercise. And found those beautiful sunflowers to fill it! Happy Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment