2.24.2009

Entertaining in Colorado


Where ever I may I go...I like to entertain and have a good time. Every winter I go to Beaver Creek, Co with a group of friends. We are very fortunate to have this wonderful house to stay in (Thanks to the Hughes). And the advantage to this is the mere fact that I have a fully stocked kitchen and a great entertaining space. I unfortunately am not allowed to ski (since having both knees reconstructed at the age of 20). I kind of look at that as a plus though. I get to do my own thing during the day...see the next post. I cook during the afternoon and have hors d'oeurves ready when the skiers get home from the slopes and soon after a great warm meal. I tried out a number of recipes this trip. My favorites being - French Onion and Shitake Mushroom Soup, Easy Ice Cream Pie and a Chicken Picata over Angel hair. Also side note for those wine drinkers, the best place to buy wine is a place called beaver creek liquors. The wine is down in the cellar and waiting at the bottom of stairs is a lovely and knowledgeable sommelier. He's not pretentious; he is really incredibly helpful more than anything. Go there you won't be disappointed. And call me if you are going on a trip and want me to tag along to make your trip more laid back and enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Can you just make my life more laid back? I need to make more time for good wine and hors d' oeuvres!

    ReplyDelete