5.05.2011

Fresh Island Centerpiece


For my kitchen island I wanted something fresh...so I chose an assortment of white containers. (All mostly wedding gifts!) The Arte Italica 'Bella Bianca' creamer and sugar made a nice addition to this little story. First, I found one of my most favorite houseplants at home depot and then I worked around the pilea. This variety, otherwise known as the friendship plant, is pictured below...is the one that I most adore. I love it textured and varied bright green and burgundy colors.





Next, I spotted the white Allium budding in my garden. Allium is a bulb (also part of onion family) and it propogates year after year. It is providing height for my grouping in a glass cylinder vase.


Next, I used some budding privet - an ultimate junk plant (at least in my book)- but its doing its job as a filler plant in the ironstone pitcher. I also used it at the Hollywood Showhouse in the tall blue pitcher. From a distance, it looks a smidge like lilac....



Hope you enjoy styling your spaces for spring!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning from Tokyo!

    I am so happy to have found your blog~the name alone caught my fancy, but reading from this post back just a few I'm hooked. What a lovely table arrangement. I'm sure it's all the more specia since you used your wedding gifts.

    Enjoy your weekend ahead...

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you did too! Sorry I just saw your comment!

    ReplyDelete